What is Core Seminars?
Core Seminars is a series of discipleship tracks that take an in depth look at the overarching truths of God and His Word. Core Seminars meets every Sunday morning at 9:30 am for one hour and offers multiple tracks, which are open to all.
Why Core Seminars?
“2 And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” (2 Timothy 2:2)
“15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15, AV)
Which tracks and classes are offered?
Core Seminars at Victory are designed to provide discipleship training in various fields of study. While we hope to expand the tracks and classes offered, at this time, we provide 5 separate tracks and 6 classes:
- The Membership Matters track consists of six required classes for membership.
- The Basics track grounds us in the basic disciplines of the Christian life.
- Following Jesus
- The Bible Overview track seeks to improve our understanding of Scripture.
- Old Testament Part 1
- The History & Theology track exposes us to the history and doctrine of the church.
- Church History
- The Christian Discipleship track lays out insight for how we can grow as Christians.
- Spiritual Disciplines
- Life of David
What should I expect?
Seminars offer topical, lecture style teaching with some interaction and limited discussion. They are open to adults and teenagers alike. Handouts are available weekly for note taking and deeper personal study. Each track is comprised of several different studies ranging from 6-26 weeks allowing for a flexible schedule.